Sunday, June 26, 2016

Stacking the Shelves: June

I'm a day late on my Stacking the Shelves post.  Oops.  Check out the host, Tynga's Reviews, to find out what books everyone else is adding to their shelves.




I got on a major Kindle kick this month, adding 11 new books to my virtual shelf:

  • Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare - I'm embarrassed to admit that I haven't yet read anything by Cassandra Clare even though I've had City of Bones on my Kindle for at least 2 years
  • Timebound by Rysa Walker - first in a YA time-travel series
  • Die for Me by Amy Plum - first in a YA paranormal zombie series
  • Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman - YA western standalone
  • I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak - YA standalone that looks really good but really hard to sum up.  Just read the description.
  • A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro - first in new (March 2016) YA mystery series about a descendant of Sherlock Holmes
  • Party Girl by Rachel Hollis - first in a new adult/chick lit series about Hollywood event planning
  • Spin by Catherine McKenzie - chick lit about a writer undercover in a rehab
  • The Light of Hidden Flowers by Jennifer Handford - adult contemporary with a main character who seems a lot like me
  • Follow You Home by Mark Edwards - creepy adult horror/psychological thriller
  • Deception Point by Dan Brown - a thriller to tide me over until Dan Brown writes his next Robert Langdon series book
And I won an ARC in a Goodreads giveaway:

  • The Last One by Alexandra Oliva - adult sci-fi set in a reality show
And yesterday my local library was giving away books, yes, actually giving them away...as in boxes and boxes of free books.  I showed restraint and limited myself to 5:
  • Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom - inspirational memoir
  • Tracks by Louise Erdrich - Native American historical fiction
  • Letter from Home by Carolyn Hart - standalone historical mystery by the author of one of my favorite mystery series
  • Midnight by Dean Koontz - paranormal mystery/horror...I've never read anything by Koontz, but I have a coworker who loves his books
  • The Missing by Chris Mooney - adult forensic thriller






No comments:

Post a Comment