Monday, October 31, 2016

October Wrap-Up, Part 2

As luck would have it, I finished another book today, which makes 7 for the month of October!  I'm guessing this is a personal best.

#7

The Book of Ivy by Amy Engel
Completed 10/31/16
Fulfills 2016 Popsugar Reading Challenge #29: A dystopian novel
Rating: 4.5 out of 5

I've heard very little buzz about this YA dystopian, which is first in a duology.  Unlike the more popular YA dystopian series out there, this one is character driven, as opposed to action based.  That does not mean this book drags, not by any means!


I also forgot to mention the two books I DNFed in October:

The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson:  I was going to read this for the R.I.P. Challenge and the #Spookathon.  I DNFed after the first chapter because I just wasn't feeling it and I didn't want to ruin my reading mojo by trying to force myself through it.  I do want to come back to it in the future.

The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman:  I DNFed about an hour into the audiobook.  I stopped listening because I felt I will enjoy it more in physical form.  I feel like realistic books like contemporaries or literary fiction are easier to follow in audiobook format than fantasies.

No comments:

Post a Comment