Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday: Books I Will Never Read

5.  Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn

I finally got around to reading Gone Girl last month (and loved it), but this book looks way darker.  I don't think I could stomach a read dealing with self-mutilation.

4.  The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien (or any of his books)

Someone gave me this book in high school and it has sat unread on a shelf ever since.  Sorry, but Tolkien's writing has just never appealed to me.  Can't say why.

3.  The Shining by Stephen King

I've never read a Stephen King book, but I wouldn't rule out picking one up in the future.  Just not this particular one.  I've made it partway through the movie 2 or 3 times and always had to turn it off because it freaked me out.  I think sharing a name with a character probably doesn't help.

2.  Jane Steele by Lindsey Faye

Re-imagining my favorite classic literary character as a serial killer?  Sacrilegious!  The book gets surprisingly decent reviews, but there's no way I will ever be picking it up.

1.  50 Shades Darker by E.L. James

I think I have mentioned in a prior post my distaste for this series on every level, and so the number one slot on my list has to go to this book.



Check out the Top 5 Wednesday group over at Goodreads to see what other people have on their lists!

No comments:

Post a Comment