Tuesday, August 2, 2016

August TBR

5 books is ambitious for me, but I've been on a roll lately:

  • I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai (Popsugar Reading Challenge #16: A political memoir)

    I'm just starting this one now.  This is a book I probably would not have picked up without the motivation of completing the challenge, but I'm glad to be reading it.
  • To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (Popsugar Reading Challenge #3: A book you haven't read since high school)

    I've wanted to re-read this for awhile because I don't think I fully appreciated it in high school, and I wanted to refresh my memory before I read Go Set a Watchman.
  • One Plus One by Jojo Moyes (Popsugar Reading Challenge #36: A book about a road trip)

    Again, I probably wouldn't have picked this book up without the challenge.  I've never read anything by Jojo Moyes; contemporary isn't my favorite, but I'm willing to give it a chance.
  • The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chocksi (Popsugar Reading Challenge #12: A book recommended by someone you just met)

    I just picked a video from a random Booktuber to find a book to fill this category.  This category is a fail, Popsugar.  Strangers don't generally come up and introduce themselves and recommend books.  However, if anyone wants to offer me a recommendation for this category, feel free to comment.
  • The Graces by Laure Eve (received from Netgalley)

    I haven't really been in a YA mood lately, but I should make an effort to catch up on some of the books sitting on my Netgalley shelf.  If I'm not feeling it or don't get to it this month, I'm not going to stress about it.  This is a paranormal YA that will be released 9/1/16.

No comments:

Post a Comment