Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Top 10 Tuesday: Books on My Fall TBR

Fall is possibly my favorite reading season.  I crave creepy reads, historical reads, and classics (though I don't have any on my list this year).

Without further ado, in roughly the order in which I plan to read them, here's the fall TBR:

1.  Death of a Gossip by MC Beaton

First in the Hamish Macbeth cozy mystery series, this book will serve double duty by fulfilling the Popsugar Reading Challenge prompt for "a book recommended by a family member" (thanks, Grandma!) and fulfilling one book in the R.I.P. (Readers Imbibing Peril) Challenge.

2.  In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware

I tore through The Woman in Cabin 10 and am eager to try out another creepy read by this author.

3.  The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson

I've had this short supernatural/horror/Gothic classic on my TBR list for entirely too long.  I'm hoping my library hold will put me at the front of the line for a Halloween reading.  This can also give me double credit for the R.I.P. Challenge and the Popsugar Challenge ("a book from the library").

4.  Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Cordova

I had this witchy YA new release on my September TBR but just didn't get there.

5. The Book of Ivy by Amy Engel

A YA dystopian to check off the "dystopian novel" prompt on the Popsugar Challenge.

6.  The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern

I must admit that I remember nothing of this book's description.  I've never read anything by Cecelia Ahern (of P.S. I Love You fame).  I grabbed this book to fulfill the "first book you see in a bookstore" Popsugar prompt.  I freely admit that I steered myself to the bargain rack and picked the first book I saw there because there was absolutely no way I was going to pay for the full-price hardcovers at the front of the store.

7.  A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini

I've heard great things about this author, and this book will satisfy the "culture you're unfamiliar with" Popsugar prompt.

8.  Housebroken: Admissions of an Untidy Life by Laurie Notaro

Humorous non-fiction from someone who isn't good with housework?  Yep, that's one I have to read.  I had optimistically placed it on my September TBR but didn't get there.

9.  Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman

I've never read anything by Neil Gaiman, but this book looks really interesting.

10.  Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys

Another author I want to try!  Some of her other works are more popular, but I found the description on this one to be the most engaging.


In case anyone besides me is interested, I have 7 books left to cross off my list for the 2016 Popsugar Reading Challenge.  I am saving one for around Christmas (i.e. winter), so it doesn't appear appear on this fall TBR.  It is definitely going to feel strange to pick books entirely based on mood again in a few short months.  

Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and The Bookish.  Make sure you check out the host and other participants!

No comments:

Post a Comment