Friday, March 18, 2016

Friday Finds

Hosted at Books and a Beat, Friday Finds showcases the books added to your TBR list over the past week!

I've resigned myself to the fact that my TBR list will always include more books than I will probably read in the rest of my lifetime.

This week, I discovered and added an eclectic bunch:


Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
I've never read anything by Brandon Sanderson, but I know he has quite a few fans.  This is a high fantasy with a female lead.









A Dangerous Age by Kelly Killoren Bensimon
This book has an expected publication date of June, and I discovered it on Edelweiss.  It's contemporary fiction set in the world of New York City socialites.









Bone Gap by Laura Ruby
This book was nominated for the National Book Award in YA for 2015, and the description looks very unique - magical realism with some mystery.









The Little Old Lady Who Broke All the Rules by Catharina Ingelman-Sundberg
This book looks amusing.  It's about a group of nursing home residents embarking on a crime spree.








Casting Off by Emma Bamford
This is a non-fiction travel narrative about a woman who gave up her regular life in order to sail on a yacht...appealing for those days when you just want to run away from home and start over.








The Glass Sentence by S.E. Grove
I'm not sure if this book is middle grade or YA, but it looks good regardless.  It's first in a trilogy about a mapmaking family and seems to involve lots of adventure and time travel.

1 comment: