Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Tuesday Talks: Bookish Resolutions!

I'm happy to be participating in the Tuesday Talks meme for the first time!  Check out the group on Goodreads for more information.

This week's topic is bookish resolutions for 2016.


  • Become active in the Internet book community.  I hope to post regularly on this blog and venture into the world of Booktube.  I'd like to shoot for at least 2 blog posts and/or videos a week.  I also want to reach out to others and hopefully make some new friends.  This will be the most difficult part for me since I struggle with shyness.
  • Attain my Goodreads reading goal for the first time since 2011.  I tend to have reading bursts then reading slumps, and I'd like to find some more consistency.  This year my reading goal is 41 which coincides with the 2016 Popsugar Reading Challenge.
  • Read more new releases.  I want to be able to participate in the discussion of the popular books that everyone seems to be talking about.
  • Renew my library card.  It's been an embarrassingly long time since I've been in a physical library.  
  • Let go of books that are just clogging up space.  Sometimes I buy a book with every intention of reading it, but after the initial excitement of buying it passes, it ends up sitting on my shelf for years.  I also want to donate/sell/lend out books that I've already read and don't plan to re-read.  Also, I won't accept books from friends or relatives unless I'm genuinely interested in reading them in the immediate future.    
  • Participate in at least one read-a-thon!

No comments:

Post a Comment