Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Tuesday Talks: Upcoming Releases

The Tuesday Talks topic for this week is new releases!

In chronological order, here's the top 5 books I'm eagerly anticipating for 2016:


The Witches of Cambridge by Menna Van Praag
Expected Publication Date: 2/9/16
What It's About: A group of professors, who all happen to be witches, and their misadventures in romance
Why I'm Excited:  She had me at "Cambridge University Society of Literature and Witchcraft."  I love a good witchy tale, and magical realism in general is fun!

A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro
Expected Publication Date: 3/1/16
What It's About: YA mystery focusing on the contemporary descendants of Holmes and Watson (first in a trilogy)
Why I'm Excited:  Such a cool concept and early reviews look great!  And I love female sleuths.



The Passenger by Lisa Lutz
Expected Publication Date: 3/1/16
What It's About: Psychological thriller about women on the run
Why I'm Excited:  I love the light-hearted Spellman Files mystery series from this author, and I'm interested to see what she will do with darker material.  This also looks like it will fulfill the "road trip" prompt in the Popsugar Reading Challenge.








Sweetbitter by Stephanie Danler
Expected Publication Date: 5/24/16
What It's About: A coming of age story about a young woman working in a renowned New York restaurant
Why I'm Excited:  This is described as Kitchen Confidential meets The Devil Wears Prada.  In other words, it should be juicy, and I always like a good coming of age story.







Heartless by Marissa Meyer
Expected Publication Date: 11/8/16
What It's About: Alice in Wonderland prequel that tells the story of the Queen of Hearts before she became the Queen of Hearts
Why I'm Excited:  Cath, a.k.a. the Queen of Hearts, looks like a fun, strong heroine, and I know the pages will turn quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment